Monday, August 10, 2015

EOC_Wk4


In this project, my task was to create a 3D asset of an abandoned gas station.  The requirements for the gas station were simple, it must have a Store, a roof, and at least 4 gas pumps, each pump should be different from the others).

The Gas Station store was a simple task sine I applied concrete materials to the walls and a text to the store sing above it. Since the outside of the store was required, I added two windows and applied a wood texture to them as if they were barricaded from the inside. Since the windows were simple, I created planes to cover them and applied a texture with alpha channels with graffiti on them.  For the door, I applied the same technique and made a plane with wood texture on the door along with graffiti on it.  The planes with the alpha channels have messages that you would find in abandoned places “No gas, No food, Dead inside”.

For the gas pumps, I designed 4 different ones, one of them was in good shape, all elements of the pump were there like the hose and nozzle, the other one had the nozzle on the ground, showing that someone tried to get gas from it with no luck, the rest were more deteriorated, they were broken and even broken apart and on the floor.

For the roof of the station I decided to leave it without lights or lamps since they were not going to be utilized in the game. Once the model was completed, textures in its totality and critiqued, it was exported as an FBX file and placed in the game.

In my opinion this project was a success because I had a lot of feedback during the process, nad later on approved by the team leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment