Tuesday, September 8, 2015

EOC_Wk_9


In this project, I tried to expand my knowledge on hand made arts, and tried sculpturing on clay. This projects has been challenging since I’m mostly focused on digital arts, so I decides to create a creature from imagination using references.

For references I chose the angel of death from the movie “HellBoy 2: the golden army” as a base model. I changed a lot of the features on the character since the project was about making it our own character after all.

For the skeleton of the bust, I used aluminum wire for a strong support, then, I filled up all the big empty spaces with aluminum foil so that way I wouldn’t have to spend so much clay filling in those holes.  I started the sculpture by setting up a rough clay base, for there I started taking away and putting in clay, all proportions of a human face were there, but I had to take in consideration that this character is eyeless, and had a crest on the top of the head. Taking all of these in consideration, I went ahead and began to do the details of the face. Something I really enjoyed when making this sculpture was the story this character could tell, since it was based on an angel of death, this was a very fun project. I really enjoyed putting in the detail it had, I learned so much about details and human proportion. This project I can call successful because was one of the most detailed projects in the class, and besides it met all the requirements, the fact that this bust projected something so sinister and semi based on imagination, the teacher, like me, was very pleased with this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment