Tuesday, July 28, 2015

projects EOC

   
In this project, my task was to bring assets resembling what we could find in a city, the most noticeable asset would be a billboard. In this project I created this billboard for a project I had in my prototyping class.  In this project, the billboard is a simple square and a cylinder (with smooth edges) it also has a catwalk and light just like real In the real world.
The 3D program I used to build this asset is Maya and it is composed of 4 parts, the board, the steel staff, the catwalk and the lamps (no lights). The billboard has a decal texture (chipped paint, rust and mold), the staff or cylinder has the same rust made with different paint brushes, and also a a specular map to simulate the shininess that the metal still has in it.  
To make the billboard more realistic, I used advertisement we could find in any billboard in a daily basis, in this case, the word “Homes” is a good example of advertisement.  Also, since in this game the purpose was to project a city in the middle of a zombie outbreak, I implemented another set of textures to the same model, giving it graffiti since those would be more common in a zombie outbreak.
This project was successful and was used in the game, although it could have been improved more, I achieved what I wanted and it was having a good asset to put in a game that could be useful in an environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment